May 31, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Time for another installment of What's Up Wednesday with Shay, Sheaffer and Mel!






wuwquestions-edit

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Julia Childs Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms- If you've never tried it, you have to, so so yummy!

Tuesday: One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Pasta- This was a get-it-on-the-table-quick kind of meal, we loved it!

Wednesday:  Pigs in a Blanket-  Just good ole fashioned hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls with cheese stuffed in.  Oldy but a goody!

Thursday-  Leftovers!!

Friday-  Our good friends that bought a local bar last year are having their one year anniversary so we'll eat there and enjoy some cocktails!

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:

With summer upon us, I am really working at getting a "schedule" set up for the girls to keep them busy.  I bought each one a planner and I plan on writing in it every night with fun things they can do the next day.  It reminds me of the old days when I was home fulltime doing daycare.  I really do miss planning the preschool curriculum and crafts...

WHAT I'M LOVING:

ALL the RED WHITE and BLUE!!!!  I have always been a fan of the Americana decor, our first house was decorated like this and I kept most of that decor and pull it out for Memorial weekend and keep it out all summer.  I still have 2 bins of stuff to put out, ha!



WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:

Besides finishing up some things in the basement, we were able to enjoy an amazing Friday night with a bonfire!  Brad and I enjoyed the fire and the girls decided to hang out in the hot tub.  Absolutely perfect night!


One of our favorite things about Memorial weekend is that the cows come out to pasture next to our land.  It's like a stampede when Brad's brothers lets them out!!


WHAT I'M DREADING:

Not a thing!

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:

Getting the girls' summer schedules figured out.  We cut back on summer camps this year, the girls weren't overly interested in doing much which is fine by me.

I've decided that every Sunday I will take one of the girls out for a coffee date.  It's hard to get one on one time with them and I feel this is a great way to get that in.  Alayna and I had our date on Monday.  We went to Barnes and Noble to get her summer activity book and I let her pick out 3 new books.  It was such a nice time with her!


WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:

Getting this damn basement finished!  Ugh, it's been one thing after the next.  We just want one thing to work out, lol.
Besides that, SUMMER!!  We hope to get the pool up this weekend, weather cooperating.  The girls and I ran to Target last week and I stocked up on pool accessories...goggles, pool toys and floaties.  I think we're set!


WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:

I'm watching nothing now that Survivor is over.  I really want to get into a Netflix series, but honestly can't figure out where to fit that in, lol.

I'm currently reading this.  I am really enjoying it so far!

Moment Maker: You Can Live Your Life or It Will Live You by [Zondervan]

I am really trying to get caught up on all these books I have half done!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:

I am a lover of ALL types of music.  Except super heavy metal and nasty rap (I do, however LOVE me some Notorious BIG and Snoop Dog!!)

Monday when I was cooking the creamy chicken and mushroom dish, I had on the French Cooking Channel on Pandora and my family thought I was nuts.  I love that station!  Emma said it felt like we were in a fancy restaurant.  Last night I had on the Big Band station while we ate.  Tonight it will probably be Bluegrass!!  I just love music...

WHAT I'M WEARING:

Umm clothes.  I am SO not a fashionista.  I really want to be, but have no desire.  I keep telling Andrea she needs to style my closet!!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:

We do have a couple grad parties, but our main goal is to get the pool up.  and I'm still organizing the new spaces, so I'll keep chugging away at that.  


WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:

Having the pool up and running and having all our spaces finished!!  I need my husbands stress level to diminish, lol!!

BONUS QUESTION: FAVORITE VACATION:

We've traveled quite a bit with the girls, and some on our own.  My all time fave spot will always be Duluth!  We vacationed there when I was a kid and I just think it's a magical place.  You can see my recaps here, here, here, and here.  Two Harbors (about 20 min north of Duluth) is where we honeymooned and spent our 10th anniversary.  Lots of special memories there!

However, I think my favorite vacation was when we went to the Black Hills a few years ago.  You can read those recaps here, here, here, here, here.

Hope ya'll have a great week!!

No comments: