May 31, 2017

Cheesy Sausage and Pasta

Today I am sharing a new to us recipe.  I know shocker.  A recipe.  Back in the day most of my posts were about food, and I loved doing those kind of posts.  I also had a lot more time to post recipes and our everyday life.
Now I only have time to post what we're up to, haha!!

Anyhoo, I found this recipe from Yellow Bliss Road.  Her recipes are really easy to make and very kid friendly.  As with all recipes, you can use whatever ingredients you're family will love and omit others.  I'm not a fan of cream soups, so I always make my own whenever a recipe calls for a can.  I very rarely follow a recipe as written, that's whats so fun about cooking!

We are lucky to always have rings of venison and goose sausage in our freezer.  We make and smoke it ourselves and it's SO good!  The best part of this is that it's a one pot meal.


  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb any kind of sausage, sliced
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted ones)
  • 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
  • 8 oz dry pasta (I used gluten free penne noodles)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese (I used half cheddar half fresh parm cheeses)
  • 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
Heat 1 Tbl of oil in pan, saute sausage and onions together until onions are soft, add garlic; cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.  Add chicken broth, cheese, milk, pasta and salt and pepper, bring to a boil, cover then simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is done to your liking.  Garnish with green onions and more shredded cheese!!

Linking up with Allie!

2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Thanks for linking up! My boys would love to try venison in their pasta- would've never thought of that!

katielookingforward said...

Seriously only 15 minutes of a simmer to cook the noodles? Awesome!