May 4, 2017

Friday Favorites- Girlfriend Edition

Happy Friday everyone!  Linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci for another rendition of...... FRIDAY FAVORITES!!

Last weekend we had our annual girls weekend, and it was a PERFECT weekend!!  Friday I left work at noon and we all met at Trisha's house.  We had NO idea where we were going, or what we were doing.  We ended going to Nisswa, which is about an hour away and full of lakes!  I loved the place we stayed, Good Ol Days Resort.  She was hoping to get us a small cabin, but they were all booked.  We stayed in their lodge (a lot like an AmericInn).  This was the view from our room.


We ate at Black Bear Lodge in Brainerd and then headed to our resort.  We spent the evening playing cards and having cocktails, it was so relaxing!  Until we decided to start a fire in the fireplace in the lodge.  I don't think the flue was open, and we ended up setting the smoke alarms off, we felt so bad!

Saturday we all got up and ate breakfast, got ready and headed into town.  It was gorgeous out!  There was a race in town, so lots of people, but we shopped and stopped for drinks and cards.  It's seriously so nice to just be able to do whatever we want.

We stopped at the Gull Dam Brewery, and it was such a cool place!  The outdoor area was amazing!  We played bean bags, and just hung out and enjoyed some delicious craft beer.


After that our next excursion was to do an escape room, and it was a TON of fun!  We did it with 2 other couples (that we didn't know) and we successfully finished with 4 minutes to spare!  So.much.fun!  I've done one other escape room, and this one was by far the best!

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

After the escape room, we headed to an old bar downtown and that seriously reminded all of us of the Cheers bar!  We got some drinks and played cards.  We were trying to find a place for a nice supper and another couple at the bar suggested Sherwood Forest restaurant, so I called and got reservations.  The food was amazing!  I had the pork carnitas, SO good!


Saturday night we just hung out in the room and chatted.  Nothing like girl talk!


Sunday we got up and had breakfast at the best little small town diner.  We tried doing more shopping, but nothing was open, haha.  We ended up going to Grizzlys for lunch and one more round of cards before we all headed home.

I was so happy to be home and see my peeps!  And, see the floors that Brad had done, he did the tile in the bathroom, laundry and my office.  They looked amazing!

Wednesday all the cabinets and counter tops went in.  LOVE it!!

This is the bar area in the 4th level.  We are still waiting for the granite to go over the wine barrel (that still smells like wine!!!) and the base to the right of the barrel.  We are so happy with how everything turned out!


This is the first time in my married life (19 years ya'll) that I've had a finished laundry room!  I seriously sit at work and daydream about how to organize all those cupboards in the laundry and the bar!!


Bathroom...Brad still needs to finish the shower.


All that is left is to install the trim and carpets and then we are DONE!!!!  Seriously, it's been over a year and a half of having my house in disarray. So worth it though.  Brad has worked incredibly hard to get all this done, I'm so proud and in awe of what this man can do!  Seriously, how does he know how to do all this??!!  One of the many things I love about him...

This weekend we are off to spend it with my extended family to celebrate my Grandpa's 95th birthday, cannot wait to see my family!!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend!!

3 comments:

Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell said...

I'm so glad you had a fun weekend with your girls! I need a girls trip myself, lol.

A Gal Named Al said...

I am so jealous of your finished laundry room. Someone keeps telling me he is going to put shelves in my laundry room, but I'm still waiting! Have fun this weekend!

Andrea Nine said...

The remodel work looks amazing! And I wondered how your girlfriend trip went? You all are so cute in your sunglasses and sweet smiles! Have a wonderful weekend!