May 25, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday peeps!!!  I am SO happy it's Friday, AND a holiday weekend!  I need 3 days off!

It's been so freaking crazy around here....we're in the final stages (finally) of the basement finishing.

We had friends over last Friday and enjoyed a couple cocktails at the bar since our granite top got installed that day.


We are in LOVE with the bar!  It turned out so well, now we're just waiting for the carpet to go in. It was supposed to go in today, but the salesman ordered the wrong trim.  Insert eye roll.  I could go on and on and on about all the things that have gone wrong during this process, but I'll spare you those details.  We're just so happy to almost be done!!


This is Rachel's room, FINISHED!!!!!  We will move her in this weekend, and then Alayna into Rachel's old room.  My craft room is a hot mess right now, so I will try and post pics next week.


The carpet downstairs will go in in a week and a half.  Can't.wait.

Saturday we went over to my sister in laws to get pics with my niece who had prom.  Isn't she absolutely stunning??!!


This week has been the last of orchestra concerts.  Alayna's was on Tuesday, here she is with her cousin Will.  These two are TROUBLE!!


Emma's concert was tonight.  Very bittersweet, this is her last concert ever in orchestra.  The school she will attend next year does not have orchestra, which makes me so sad.  She loves playing violin, and is so good at it.


Our weekend will be busy.  We hope to get the pool up, flowers planted and kids moved.  I'm not promising anything, I also want this weekend to be a little relaxing.  Brad has been traveling a lot and we haven't had a lot of time to just chill with him working on basement stuff.

We plan on smoking some ribs on Saturday and making some yummy sides like cheesy potatoes and BLT Pasta Salad.  Cheesy potatoes we make on special occasions and the BLT Pasta Salad I made on Mother Day and it was a huge hit!  Emma has breakfasts all planned out, so I think we're all set for food!

I always put a few decor items out for Memorial Day, like this picture of my Grandpa Arlo.  He was in the Navy, and I absolutely love this picture of him.  He was an an amazing grandpa and I miss him dearly!  Emma also made me a Memorial Day sign.


My last thing for Friday Favorites is this little gem.  It's an under the desk bike.  My co worker bought this and an elliptical to use at her desk, but the bike didn't work so well for her.  I tried it and loved it and bought it from her.  People, this thing is LIFE changing for me!!  I sit at my desk and peddle away.  Today I biked for a total of 3 hours which translates into almost 9 miles of biking!!!!  Now, I am not peddling so hard that I'm breaking a sweat, but for me who struggles with sitting all day, it makes my day so much better!  I'm anxious to see if it will tone up my legs.  I am definitely noticing that I am hungry more often haha!


So there's a little bit of what we've been up to this week.  I hope you all have an amazing Memorial Weekend and are able to remember all of your loved ones and all of those who have bravely fought for our freedom....

Image result for memorial day pics

Linking up with Erika,  Andrea and Narci







3 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Happy long weekend beautiful babe!!! Your niece is stunning, talk about so many beautiful gals in your fam!!! Great genes!! I am so getting that elliptical for under my desk...awesome I tell ya!!! I hope you enjoy this weekend to the fullest and that the sun shines on your sweet face!!

A Gal Named Al said...

That bike is awesome! Your bar area looks great- good luck on the moves/relaxing! :)

Tara @ Mommy In A Nutshell said...

I NEED that bike for under my desk! I can never find enough time to exercise and this would def help solve that problem. The basement looks incredible! You must love it.