May 11, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone!  Oh my, what a week it's been!  Just one of those craaaaazy busy weeks.  Alayna started softball twice a week, her birthday party is tomorrow (6 little 11 year olds are coming overnight, pray for me, ya'll.), mothers day is coming and I'm plum running out of time!  It'll all be good, and we'll have an amazing weekend, but this chick is tired!

So here's what we've been up to....

Last Friday we had some friends over for Cinco De Mayo...I made a big batch of taco meat with all the fixins, and we made potato ole's.


Emma's sign she made, this girl is OBSESSED with making signs!


And, she made fried ice cream, it was SO good!


Sweet Brielle made cupcakes for mouses birthday (which was on the 2nd).


Saturday morning we cleaned up the house, did some laundry and then headed out to southern Mn for my Grandpa's 90th birthday party.  I laughed so hard at this pic of Alayna in the back!!


It was a GORGEOUS day and it was so nice to hang out with my aunts/uncles and cousins that we don't see very often.  Grandpa had what we think was a mini stroke on Friday, so he wasn't quite himself, but I know he enjoyed watching all the kiddos!


I absolutely love this pic of all the grandkids, the older kids are like "really right now"?" with trying to get the younger ones in the pic, haha!


My sweet mom (on the left) and her sisters with grandpa


 

This is my pain in the ass older brother.  I love him to pieces, but would like to beat him on a daily basis, if that makes sense.  Trying to call or text him is impossible, and making him commit to anything is but hilarious.  *sigh*.  However, he is probably the funniest guy I know, and just so fun to be around. 

We loved getting to spend some quality time with Grandpa, he is one special man!  So many wonderful memories with him and Grandma...



Happy Mothers Day to all you moms reading!  I am so grateful for this amazing little blogging community and friends I've found!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Linking up with Andrea and Narci

4 comments:

Tara @ Mommy In A Nutshell said...

You have such a beautiful and sweet family! 90 years old?! God bless him. And good luck with that sleepover, You're going by to need it, lol.

Andrea Nine said...

How precious!! You and you older bro look like twins!!! YOU, my dear, are the best mama!!!! I wish you love, luck for sleepover and may your weekend be full of sunshine and laughter..and cupcakes, lol!!! YUM!!

A Gal Named Al said...

I've never had fried ice cream! Sounds interesting. Hoping you survived your 11 year old sleepover- I'm always so grateful to not have to chaperone middle school overnight field trips! Have a wonderful mother's day!

Terra Heck said...

Glad you got to spend time with family. Happy birthday to your daughter.