Jun 25, 2015

Saucy Meatballs

Oh looky it's a recipe!  It' funny when I look back at my blog, it all started because of my love for cooking, then some crafting/decorating morphed in, and now it's mostly about our daily life and what we're up to.  I haven't scrapbooked since 2013, so I kind of feel like this is my way of keeping track of what we've been up to...
Now onto this recipe.  While I still LOVE to cook, I don't post as many recipes as I'd like, simply because I keep forgetting to take pictures.  However this week Alayna told me I needed to take a picture and blog this recipe because it is our family's favorite dinner, they call these meatballs, "moms famous meatballs"!


The meatball recipe comes from Pioneer Woman and the sauce comes from Mels Kitchen Cafe.  The meatballs are really the best, there is so much flavor in these puppies, and the sauce is oh so easy, but also SO flavorful!

Meatballs:
  • 2 pounds Ground Beef
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 3/4 cups Fine Bread Crumbs
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 3/4 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup Flat-leaf Parsley, Minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  •  Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  •  Splash Of Milk

Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Sauce:
2 T. butter
3 1/2 T. flour
1/4 t. dried thyme
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
14 oz. can chicken broth (If you want your sauce thicker, cut down the chicken broth to 1 cup)
2/3 cup milk
2 T. minced fresh parsley

That's it, I will make a double batch of meatballs and freeze them, makes getting supper together so much easier!

Linking to Momfessionals for her Recipe Club.














No comments: