Jun 5, 2015

Friday Favorites: Graduation Edition!

Linking up again with Erika for Friday Favorites!

Yesterday was the last day of school here, and also Rachel's last day at Kennedy.  Ugh, so many emotions going through me right now.  Happy and oh so proud of this lady, and very sad to think of how fast time is going.  I know that the next 4 years are going to fly by, and I'm not ok with it.  I am just trying to soak in this time with the girls, they are at such fun ages right now!


Last day of 8th, 6th and 3rd grade!


The school always does such a nice graduation ceremony.  The kids pick 2 students and 2 teachers to deliver the speeches, I think we were all in tears at this point!  Then the 8th graders did a song,
(Bruno Mars "You Can Count on Me", more tears.   I surprisingly held it together quite well.


Once they get their diplomas, all of the teachers from K-8 stand in a line to shake the graduates hands, Rachel had a hard time holding it together.  The pic below is of her and "Grandma" Darlene.  She volunteers in K and 1st grade, and the kids absolutely adore her!


Pics with my mom and step dad Bob.


Brad's mom and Dad.


Notice how much taller than me she is.  She got about 2 inches on me, crazy!


After the ceremony, the 8th graders go bowling, so all of us parents took the day off and went over to Nordines for brunch.Everything was so good!  I absolutely love these ladies.


We left their house around 1 to come home and get things ready for Rachel's party.  She invited 15 kids to come over after school to hang out.  I made a big batch of sloppy joes, and we had drummies, meatball, chips and snacky stuff.


And of course cake, you gotta have cake!


All of us nerdy moms took pics of the kids coming down the driveway...Poor Rachel was an absolute mess!  She was sobbing because it was her last bus ride home from Kennedy.  Poor kid!


I love this pic of the girls, and Kama (Nordines yellow lab)!  The kids played volleyball, bean bags, basketball and ate.  We let her invite both boys and girls, the boys came later on after baseball.  Brad got a bonfire going for them and they played night games.  Brad and I loved listening to the laughter, they really had a great time!
They finally left around midnight, and Brad and I were exhausted!  4 of the girls spent the night, we didn't hear any talking though, I think the emotional day wore them out, haha...


We are lucky that all of our girls have some really awesome friends, and we're also lucky that we hang out with the parents, quite the fun group!

No comments: