Apr 30, 2013

Our Gourmet Dinner

Rachel started taking a liking to cooking when she was 9.  I was doing daycare at the time, and she would make breakfast for the daycare kiddos.  It was usually pancakes/waffles or baked oatmeal.  She loved making smoothies and cookies too.  Now she is bumping up her confidence and trying her hand at making suppers.  I love that she has no fear, and nothing is off limits.  Tonight she decided to make venison sausage (one of our favorite meals that we eat weekly), Pioneer Woman's twice baked new potatoes, and her whiskey glazed carrots.



The funniest part of the whole night was when she sent me a text asking me to stop at the liquor store for some whiskey.  Ummm, excuse me???


She did get some help from Dad, but I thoroughly enjoyed putting my feet up and watching TV while they cooked.  SCORE!

No comments: