Apr 3, 2013

Homemade Larabars


I enjoy the occasional Larabar, but dang are they spendy!  Since I would rather make my own things, I thought I would give these a try.  I have seen the recipe all over Pinterest, and I ended up taking a couple recipes and combining them.  They were scrumptious, and easy too!


I did not have cashews on hand, so I used almonds.  I took half a can of almonds, and pulsed them in my food processor.  I added medjool dates, chopped up (remember to take the pits out!  I didn't know there were pits in them, oops...) and pulsed them with the almonds.  To get the right consistency, I added a few Tbl. of Sunbutter (we can't eat peanut butter, allergies).  And there ya have it folks.  Super easy!  I put them in a small glass baking dish and put them in the refrigerator for a few hours to firm them up.  I am enjoying this as an afternoon fuel snack, delicious!

Linking up to: Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts
Show and Share Wednesday at Semi Homemade Mom


No comments: