Sep 11, 2008

No, I do not condone this behavior...

Just to clarify, I do not allow my cat to sit on the counter. But this just cracked me up, because I could NOT keep her off! She so wanted to see what I was doing, so I finally let her be, and she sat there the whole time I was mixing up these muffins!!!

Being it's "apple" week in daycare, I found a recipe for apple/oat muffins. I mixed them up when the kids were in bed, and baked them this morning. They were fabulous! It called for whole wheat flour, so they were really dense and heavy, but I love things like that! The kids gobbled them up too. This afternoon we are going to make apple trees with our thumbprints as the apples. I was hoping to be able to go pick some apples today with the kids, but it's been a rainy day.

This morning I happened to turn it to MSNBC to see what coverage they would have for 9/11. They actually were re-broadcasting the entire morning show from NBC on that morning. I was working that day, and missed all of the coverage. I watched it most of the morning completely dumbfounded that this ever happened. I said a prayer for everyone directly impacted by this tragedy, and continue to pray that this never happens again.

Tonight Brad is coming home, yay!! The older two have gymnastics from 6-7, and that is always a nice break for me:)

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Interestingly enough - I have three cats and all three of them are very interested in what I am doing at all times. It's a little unnerving when I decide to take a bath and they decide to post themselves at various points in the bathrooms, their eyes wide open like "okay, what happens next?" Very cute.

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

I love that!