Sep 2, 2008

First Day of School!!


Well, the girls are off to school, *sob* *sob*. I did really well this morning, I didn't even cry! The weekend, however, was rough. I was nervous, and felt sick all weekend, thinking about Emma going to school. I think it's just because she is not as outgoing as Rachel is, and is so tender-hearted. But I know she will do fantastic, and she is so ready for school!! I made them both banana pancakes (which neither of them ate) and strawberries for breakfast.

Rachel finished her first chapter book, Junie B. Jones last night!! I have a hard time getting her to read, so I am so proud of her finishing it! And Emma is half way done reading her first "Dick and Jane" book! Amazing. I had a fantastic summer with the girls, and am a bit sad to have it end. We spent a lot of time at the lake, and it was so fun to watch the girls swim, and see how much they have learned!

So now my house is quiet, Alayna is still sleeping, and I took the day off. Mom is going to come over for coffee, and Emma will be home by 10:30. I cannot wait to hear how much fun she had!!!!!!

No comments: