Sep 6, 2008

Ahhh, the weekend!


I am so glad it's the weekend! It was a great week, as I only had daycare kids Wednesday-Friday. Short week for me, which was wonderful! The girls survived their first week, and honestly, it was such an easy week for me. I am down to only 5-6 kids here during the day, and it really feels like I'm on vacation! I love having the little ones at home, because they LOVE to learn. We've been back to doing circle time, and last week we worked on the letter A, and writing our names. I am very happy to be on a better schedule!

It's also been a busy week of cooking. Monday I whipped up a big batch of smoothies so the girls can have them for breakfast. I blend frozen strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, chopped spinach, yogurt and milk. They love these for breakfast. I'm also going to make a batch of waffles to freeze and pop in the toaster. I also made a batch of spaghetti sauce, (still needs some tweaking, I think leaving out the Bay Leaf will help), two loaves of honey wheat bread, and two dozen cinnamon rolls for this weekend. Rachel came up to me yesterday and said, "mama, I love your homemade food!"

I started setting out a fruit/veggie/cheese platter for when the kids get home from school. It's not quite snack time yet when they come home, but they're always starving, so I figured this was a great way to get more healthy snacks into them! Then they usually will have some crackers, applesauce, yogurt or cereal bars.

Tonight we are having tacos, per Rachel's request. I'm not sure what we'll have tomorrow. This is what's on board for this week:

Monday- Lunch- Grilled cheese pie with ham, raw veggies, homemade bread

Supper- Camper's Hash- which is like an egg skillet with cheese, hashbrowns,

and sausage links

Tuesday- Lunch- Hamburger hotdish, raw veggies, homemade bread

Supper- Beef Roast with potatoes and carrots

Wednesday- Lunch- Tuna sandwiches, potato wedges, veggies

Supper- Homemade pizza, probably sausage

Thursday- Lunch- Sloppy joes, brown rice with veggies, homemade bread

Supper- Beef stroganoff- I'm going to try a crockpot recipe this time, we'll see how it goes!

Friday- Lunch- Calico beans, grilled cheese, veggies

Supper- Not sure, maybe venison sausage?

Next weekend we will be a friend's of ours overnight for our "Gourmet Club". We get together about once/twice a year to make a yummy gourmet meal together, it's a blast!

No comments: