Jan 14, 2009

Who ordered this weather anyway?

Seriously. I'm just curious. Because there are a lot of ANGRY mothers this week because A. We can't go outside. B. When we can't go outside, the kids go nuts. C. When the kids go nuts, so do we. D. When we go nuts, our husbands suffer. So, Brad would reeeaaaallllly like to know who's fantastic idea this was, lol! Just kidding, I'm actually quite thankful that I don't have to be out frolicking around town in this crud. So far I've done well with keeping the kids busy. Although it's only Wednesday. *sigh*

My girls scrap booking weekend last weekend was FANTASTIC!!!!! We had such a blast, I laughed more than I think I ever have! It was such a fun group to hang out with, we already planned another weekend next month, woohoo!! I got about 28 pages done, so I feel it was a productive weekend. We sit in a big room with a corner fireplace and a TV/DVD above it and watch movies while we scrap. The funniest movie was "Death at a Funeral". It's a British film, but it is seriously one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! I'm definitely buying that one.

As far as food goes, I once again have stuck to the old standbys. Although I'm going to share my mac-n-cheese recipe, because it's one of my favorite things to make, and the kids looove it!

Macaroni and Cheese

For the sauce, I take 5 Tbl of butter, melt in a saucepan, add 5 Tbl flour, then add enough milk so it's the right consistency. Then I add about a cup to a cup and a half of cheddar cheese, and about 1.5 cups of pureed butternut squash. I always have bags of pureed squash and sweet potatoes in my freezer. I like to sneak foods into hot dishes and such. If we're having leftovers for supper, Brad always questions what's really in it, lol!! While your making the sauce, boil whatever kind of noodles you like and then drain and add to your sauce. Yum!! I usually add chopped ham also.

No comments: