Jan 29, 2009

Easy Lasagna


This recipe is also from my Family Fun magazine. It was really good, and very easy! I also was excited to get back into baking bread again. I had not done it too much, as my original recipe called for kneading the bread for 10 minutes. This kills my hands to do. So, I realized that I have a dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer and tried that. Honestly, this was the best bread I've ever made! And my hand's didn't want to fall off from kneading, woohoo!!!


One Skillet Lasagna

1 1/4 C ricotta (I used cottage cheese, and it worked just as good)
1/4 water (I might decrease that a bit, as the lasagna was watery)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C grated parmesan
1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium zucchini diced (about 1 cup)
1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
6 oven ready lasagna noodles


In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, water, salt, parm, and 1/2 c of the mozz.

Brown beef with onions in a skillet, drain if needed. Add zucchini and 2 cups of the pasta sauce.

Top mixture with 2 lasagna noodles, set in the center. Break 2 more noodles into medium- size pieces and fill in the edges. Spread cheese mixture over the noodles. Lay on the two remaining noodles. Pour the rest of the sauce into skillet and spread evenly. Then sprinkle on remaining cup of mozzarella.

Cover the skillet and simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.

Make 6 servings

No comments: