Jan 23, 2009

I didn't know parenting was so easy!!!

Really! I didn't know that we would be blessed with children that listened so well and were so respectful! It would be so hard to be those "other" parents who don't know how to discipline their children. Ha! Crap, I just pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and I was. Bummer. I know every parent goes through this, but I feel like all I do is nag and yell. Last night was a horrible night. I can't handle the sassy mouth, and the disrespect. We just finished this new room for Rachel, and she was seriously almost crying because Brad hadn't gotten her bed yet form his parents house. I lost it. I admit it. I was furious. I completely went off on her about showing respect, saying thank you, blah, blah, blah.

I really think that part of the problem is that as a society, we want to do so much for our kids. When I was a kid, my parents never really played with us, and we certainly never had places to go to like we do now. It seems like any weekend that is open, the girls are wondering why we can't do something because they're so bored. On Monday, when I was still feeling rotten, Emma actually threw a mini tantrum because I couldn't do a craft with her. Ugh. I know I have great kids, they just aren't always so great for us. And this is only the beginning.

Luckily, today is Friday, and I'm so excited that my brother and his kids are coming to visit! The girls have been waiting a long time to see their cousins. It will be fun and relaxing. And it's supposed to be cold again, great weekend to stay inside. Poor Brad though, he will be at the Gull Lake fishing Contest. Poor buddy, he'll just have to up the beer consumption to stay warm:)

No comments: