Oct 13, 2009

Turkey and Avocado Paninis with Ciabatta Bread

I have posted before about the book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day and how it is one of my FAVORITE cookbooks. It's easy, versatile and absolutely delicious! Combine that with Allrecipe.com's Turkey Avocado Panini and you have yourself an amazing sandwich that makes you forget all about your day filled with sneezing, coughing, snot nose kids:) Enjoy!!

Ciabatta Bread- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

3 C. Lukewarm water
1 1/2 Tbl. Granulated yeast (1 1/2 packets)
1 1/2 Tbl Salt
6 1/2 C. Unsifted, unbleached all-purpose white flour

Mix water, yeast and salt in a 5 quart bowl, or a lidded plastic food container (I use my 5 quart Rubbermaid container that has a lid). Mix in the flour, (I usually use my hands to get it all mixed together). Do not knead! Place lid on top, but do not press the lid on completely, let it sit on top. Let rise for two hours. When ready to use dough, cut off a 1 lb piece of dough (I used a bit more, being that I was using it to make sandwiches) using wet hands. For Ciabatta bread, sprinkle stone with flour and place dough on top. Let sit for 20 minutes. bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Make sure to have a pan of boiling water underneath the pan of bread, makes the crust nice and crispy:) Sprinkle a bit of flour on top of dough, bake and enjoy!

With the extra dough in your container, keep in the fridge. Never place the lid on airtight. I usually go through three loaves of bread with one batch of dough. It's so nice to be able to have fresh bread without all the work! Always let bread "rest" for 20 minutes before baking.

As always, linking up to Tasty Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, and Tuesdays at the Table

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love hot sandwiches this time of the year...and the smell of homemade bread baking.YUM!!!

Unknown said...

YUM...panini! And I love avocado. This looks like a real winner :)

Blessings!
Gail

SnoWhite said...

I am on the waiting list for that book from the library and I can't wait to get it :) Thanks!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Sounds yummy. Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting.

Mandy said...

This looks really yummy. Do you shape the dough before you bake it, or do you leave it in the chunk form? Also what kind of stone do you use? I'm in to the market to purchase one and would love your expert opinion.

Cole said...

That sounds fabulous!! I need to try and make my own bread.

Thanks for sharing with TATT!

Homepsun Kitchen said...

LOL Missy! I love avocado too...

Mandy, in all honesty I don't use a stone. I have wanted to buy one, but just haven't yet. I use my good ole airbake cookie sheet. Works great! I included the stone, because this is what the authors recommended:) And yes, you take a good chunk of dough out, and kind of pull it out and under, if that makes sense??? basically so it looks like a beautiful round loaf.

Unknown said...

I think if you ever do decide to buy a stone that you will not be disappointed. It's surprising the difference that it can make. Your bread looks awesome. We love turkey and avocado grilled paninis with Parmesan crusts. Hubby also add crisp bacon to his. MMMMMMMMM Come share a slow cooker favorite for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you get a chance.