Oct 7, 2009

It's Hard to Say Goodbye....

My Grandma passed away last night. It is SUCH a blessing, as she was suffering much more than she should ever had (she had pneumonia), but it is still such a loss for all of us. It's been a hard year, as I lost my other Grandma in July. It's interesting how you kind of become child-like in your thinking, I came home crying (I was actually doing a home visit with a mom who was having a hard time breastfeeding) and told Brad that I don't want to get any older, I don't want life to change. I have been blessed to have 3 out of 4 Grandparents for all my 34 years. I have learned so much from each of them, much more than I think they will ever know. I have so many wonderful memories growing up, and I'm so thankful that my girls were able to know them too.

It's just hard knowing that I can't call them up to say that I'm coming down for a visit:) I will miss making cookies with my Grandma "Omi", looking at how everything in her house coordinated (literally, she would put color coordinated ribbons on everything, lol), and watching her busy herself in the kitchen. I will miss the many fishing trips with her and Grandpa and laughing at her cap she would always wear. I will miss Grandma Trellis' little smirk when would say something (she wasn't afraid of being honest:), picking strawberries from her garden, knowing that she always had Twizzlers and Little Debbie snack cakes above the washing machine, tea parties and watching her cook.

I had to chuckle because I was sooooo lucky to go down and see Grandma Trellis a couple weeks ago when she was doing good, and she asked if I was still cooking al ot, to which I replied "yes". She informed me that she hated cooking! WHAT??!!! She always made the most wonderful food, how could she not like it??!!

I will always cherish those special moments that I with both my Grandmas before they passed, what an incredible that was.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

My thoughts are with you.

Connie said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss.

SnoWhite said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Praying for you and your family.

Keelie said...

Wonderful memories of both grandmothers. Praise God she is happy and healthy in His arms today. I will be praying for you.

Mandy said...

Oh, Cara, I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so difficult, and even harder to try to explain it to your children. My heart goes out to you. I will say a prayer for your family and your Omi.

Missy said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
What wonderful memories to have of your grandma.

Rachelle said...

Oh Cara, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. You're in my thoughts tonight.

Rachelle

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Cara, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure you will miss her dearly. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your kind words about Dusty and telling me about your kitty. Take care.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. They are the glue that keeps all the cousins etc all together as everyone has their own families.
Cheri