Oct 15, 2009

This Week's Projects

I've been a very busy elf this week! I got the crafting bug in me big time, so I caroused some of my fave blogs and decided to try my hand at some things this week! My first project was from the Idea Room, she made these adorable fabric pumpkins and they looked ohhhhhh soooooo easy to make:) For those of you who know me, I do not sew. I have a sewing machine, but don't know how to use it. I know, it's a cryin shame. So, although she sewed hers with a machine, I did mine by hand. Well, most of it by hand. By the time I got to the stem, I'd had enough and decided to hot glue the rest, lol! The ribbon hides the flaws from the hot glue. All in all, I think it's cute! My Dad says it's an "abstract pumpkin"....
One of my other favorite crafts from blog land are these scrapbooked picture frames. I happened to have the frame on hand (duh, I have three girls:), and all the other accessories to make this. I looooove it! I'm not sure what phrase I can use for Thanksgiving, but I thought for Christmas I can use "ho-ho-ho". And the price? FREE!!

My last project was the "harvest" block, I got the idea from here.
I found the block out in the garage, and washed it a bit. Rachel painted the block orange, but it was pretty bright. So I painted over it with black, and then wiped it off right away. I then used my Cricut machine and other things I had on hand. Love it. I am hoping to make more of the small fabric pumpkins for my guests at Thanksgiving. Thought it would be a cute little favor for the gals!
Believe it or not, I have also started Christmas shopping (I'm pretty sure I am NOT alone in this category, lol!!) So this weekend I am going to share how I keep Christmas organized:)

Until then....

4 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Love your projects!!

Need to hop over and share a fav dessert recipe with us. (Might already have one in your archive.) I am ready to get in the kitchen!

Other readers welcome to share one as well.

Mandy said...

How neat! I could actually make the picture frame phrase. Now if I could only find a spare moment...

Missy said...

Cute decorating ideas!
Have you seen the toilet paper roll fabric pumpkins? No sewing OR gluing involved at all and very cute!


You are not alone; I too have started my Christmas shopping. =)

Annette said...

Those are some neat projects - especially the scrapbook picture frame. I may have to try that one out.