Aug 5, 2009

Sweet Basil Pizza Sauce


This is my favorite pizza sauce. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com (shocker) and it is just as easy as opening a can of sauce:)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbl olive oil
Mix all together! The only thing I do differently is add fresh basil instead of the seasoning. *I* think it adds much more flavor, plus I started a small herb garden where I planted Sweet Basil, so I add it to everything, lol!
We had a fabulous time last night with my step sister and her family. The weather was gorgeous, and it was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the patio:) We had burgers on the grill, homemade potato salad, corn and black bean salsa and for dessert a no bake raspberry cheesecake. It was all delicious, and so easy to make. I love cooking for gatherings like this!

No comments: