Apr 7, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Pasta


Look at me, all double posting in one day!! WOOHOO!! I made this dish tonight for supper, it was just the girls and I. Rachel had three helpings, and even Miss Emma liked it (she doesn't like meat)!! I did not use capers, and didn't have green onions, but it was a wonderful dish. I made some homemade bread to go along with it.


Creamy Chicken and Pasta
2 C uncooked penne pasta
2 C sliced fresh mushrooms
1 C sliced green onions (I used about a 1/3 C of red onions instead)
2 Tbl butter
1/2 C white wine or chicken broth
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbl flour
1/3 C water
1 C heavy cream (no this recipe isn't a fat free one!!)
2 C. cubed cooked chicken
2 Tbl capers, drained
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
shredded parmesan cheese (I buy a block and grate it myself, soooo much better than the other stuff!!)

Cook pasta according to directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.

Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 4-5 minutes or until heated through.

Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

5 servings

No comments: