Dec 16, 2008

My favorite time of the year


Anyone who knows me, knows that Christmas is my FAVORITE, most FAVORITE time of the year. If the Christmas season could last six months, I'd be all over it. I know people hate when stores start putting out Christmas things in September, but I loooove it!! I love the sites, the smells, the food. Every piece of it. My favorite thing to do is sit in the living room with the fireplace on, having a glass of wine and reading a book. I am trying this year to really "be" in the moment. And to be honest, I feel like I'm succeeding! I'm also teaching the girls more about the true meaning of Christmas and I think they understand that it's not all about them getting gifts, it's about helping others. This year we decided to "adopt" a family from our church and buy gifts for them. With money donations from others, we were able to buy all of their gifts on their wish list! It was so fun to take the girls and have them pick out the toys. Rachel said she really liked doing it, but she wished she could be there to see the kids open their gifts:) And just yesterday Emma was talking about how she really wanted a baby that pees on a potty (seriously, the things they come up with, ugh) (and no, she isn't getting it, sorry kid) and Rachel reminded her that Christmas isn't all about what you get, it's about helping others. WOOHOO FOR RACHEL!!!! She gets major bonus points, lol!
So, I am really at the point of enjoying Christmas, my shopping is mostly done, cards are done, baking is done, and daycare gifts for the parents are finished. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief! I really hope and pray that all of us can sit back, have a mug of something hot and remember why we celebrate Christmas!

No comments: