Dec 14, 2008

It's snowing, it's snowing!!!!!!!!!







This, my friends, is my dream day. Completely. I was up at my usual time (6:15) drank some coffee and popped the cinnamon rolls in the oven. Emma and Alayna had made the dough last night. And all day long, we have watched is storm something fierce, I LOVE this!!! It's been so cozy hanging out with nothing to do. We did manage to venture outside for some sledding this afternoon. It is COLD out there! But we all had fun (including Jasmine:).

This was a great weekend of getting caught up with things. Yesterday the girls and I made some of the Christmas gifts that we're giving this year, homemade lipgloss and a body scrub. The girls had church practice for a couple hours yesterday morning. We brought in the gifts that we bought for our adopted family in church. The girls really enjoyed buying gifts for the kids, and I pray that we got the right things! I made a batch of lasagna for supper. It was a no-boil recipe that was super easy, and very good. Brad spent the day building a new dog house for Jasmine, that will be one lucky pooch. She even has a hallway in it, for pete's sake. Last night the girls wanted to watch home movies from last year, so that's what we did. I can't belive how much a year changes them! It's so much fun to see them in their younger days.

This week will be busy finishing Christmas gifts and some more baking, and just plain getting things ready for Christmas. I can't wait for my vacation, but I'll be sad when Christmas is actually here. I think the month leading up to it is so much fun, with the holiday movies, music, crafts and other fun things we do. It makes the winter not seem so bad, lol!!
I've included pics of us outside today, and the lasagna recipe!!
No Boil Lasagna

1 qt. spaghetti sauce
1lb. ground beef
1c. water
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese (I used cottage cheese and it was just as good)
1 egg, beaten
8 oz. shredded mozz cheese
1/3 c. water
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1Tbls. parsley flakes
Dash nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

Brown gorund beef, drain excess fat; add i quart spaghetti sauce and 1 cup water, bring to boil.

In large bowl, mix together Ricotta cheese, beaten egg, mozz cheese, 1/3 c water, 1/4 c parm cheese, parsley flakes and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper if desired.

To assemble: Use lasagna strips uncooked, but rinse in hot water before layering ina 9x13 pan.

Layer as follows:
1. 1 2/3 c sauce, lasagna strips, 1/2 cheese mixture
2. 1 2/3 c sauce, lasagan strips, rest of cheese mixture
3. 1 2/3 c sauce, lasagna strips, remaining sauce
4. top with 1/2 c parm cheese or lots of shredded mozz

Bake at 375 covered with aluminum foil for 40, uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.

No comments: