Apr 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

I'm not exactly sure how it's time another "What's Up  Wednesday", but here we are!


wuwquestions-edit

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK:

I didn't actually sit down and make a big meal plan like I usually do, but on Monday I put some meal ideas together, and this is what we're eating:

Monday- Tacos- I know Tuesday is Taco night typically, but it's what worked!
Tuesday- Skillet Meatloaf with Pan Gravy and Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday:  Lemon Butter Chicken
Thursday: Beef Stroganoff
Friday-I'm gone, woot woot!!

Also, if you are looking for an AMAZING waffle recipe, try these.  They are truly the BEST waffles you will ever eat!  I made a double batch on Sunday as Emma wanted waffles and venison sausage for her bday supper.  I froze a bunch for breakfasts too.

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
With the girls' birthdays March-April-May, I'm looking back at all their fun birthday parties and how sweet they were when they were little.








WHAT I'M LOVING:
I've been getting back into working out, and I feel so so much better!  I'm bummed that I let myself get flabby, but that's life, and now I pick myself up and start working at it.  I've been on the treadmill at least every other day for the last week.  I've been doing a combo of walking/running which is going great.  Saturday I did 3.5 miles outside, I was so proud of myself, haha!  Makes me wonder how I ever ran 13.1 miles without stopping.  My goal is to finish a race in 2018.  Something like a 10k or above.  A marathon is still on my bucket list, and I know that it's possible!!

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:
It's been kind of quiet this week, which has been wonderful!  Volleyball is done, spring concerts are done, it's been so wonderful!

WHAT I'M DREADING:
I can't think of anything specific??

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
I'm working on finding the right kind of material to supplement Alayna's school work.  Any of you teacher bloggers, I need advice!!!
Alayna is in 5th grade, and looooooves school!  Lately she's been getting a lot of anxiety about school and I know it's because she tests horribly.  Her homework is all good, but when it comes to tests, she bombs and it bothers her so much which makes me feel horrible.  We are thinking of maybe getting a tutor, or even having Emma work with her during the summer.  I'm worried about her getting behind.  She loves Math and does good in it, but reading is not her forte, lol.
Any thoughts/ideas on things we can do in both reading and math?

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:
This weekend is my annual girls weekend, and I cannot wait!  I work until noon on Friday, and then we're taking off.  Trisha planned it, and we have no idea where we're going.

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING:
I shared last Friday the books that I just finished reading/currently reading and what's on my bookshelf.  I am almost done with the Chip and Joanna book, loved it!
Also watching Survivor, anyone else watching it? How about tribal council a couple weeks ago with Zeke????!!!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:
The wind blow.  Ugh.  Yesterday it was almost 60 degrees, now it's cold and rainy and there is talk of snow.  Welcome to Mn!

WHAT I'M WEARING:
I did get some super cute stuff from Old Navy last week when they had their 40% off sale.  Also found a super cute knit dress at Aeropostle for $8!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
GIRLS WEEKEND!!!
Image result for girls weekend memes

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
My grandpa is celebrating his 90th birthday next month and we are all getting together to celebrate him, it's been 5 years since we've seen everyone, can't wait!


4 comments:

Tara @ Mommy In A Nutshell said...

Have a great girls weekend! That should be so much fun. BTW that popcorn cupcake is the cutest thing ever!

Andrea Nine said...

Happy birthday to your grandpa next month! That was how we were with my grandmother, we'd celebrate her big birthdays and finally get together every five years. What fun birthday parties for your girls to reminisce about, such cute cakes and I bet you're so excited for your girls weekend! You will have a ball!

Bailey Bryant said...

We love Survivor, too! Pretty bummed about Ozzy being outed last week. He was our fave! We are all in for Aubrey now.

A Gal Named Al said...

Have so much fun during your girls weekend! Khan Academy is a great math website where you can create an account and do challenges based on the material. It might be nice to encourage her to do that since math is her strength. The students at my school do something called Membean online to build their vocabulary. They also use a free website called NewsELA that has current event/non-fiction articles with quizzes and questions. You might also check your state's testing website. They usually release old tests that have reading passages to practice. Trip is a strong reader but can't summarize to save his life and often forgets what he reads. I have him keep a reading journal in the summer time, and then he and I also try to read a book together every once in a while so I can ask him comprehension questions.