Apr 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

Linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci again!


This week has been CRAZY!  I swear yesterday was just Monday.  How does that even happen??  I didn't even get a chance to recap our weekend (which was equally nutty, haha!), so here it is....

Saturday both girls had volleyball tournaments.  Thankfully they were in St.Cloud, so Brad and I weren't in different cities.  They did however play in different neighboring towns, so there was a lot of back and forth that day!

Alayna's team played well!  They are a very young team compared to everyone else, but they did awesome!  They ended up placing 3rd in the gold division.  The fun part was having several friends daughters playing in the same tournament so we could watch them as well.
This was mouse's last tournament and I know she's happy with that.  Her coach was a very, very crabby woman which royally ticked me off.  Brad and I both have had words with her....


Rachel's team played awesome! They went into tournament play undefeated and ended up placing 2nd in gold division.  They really played well and hard!  Unfortunately one of our girls severely sprained her ankle, so that was a big bummer.
Her last tournament is this weekend in Duluth.  I am SO excited as Duluth is my happy place.  It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend and we're staying at a water park, win win for everyone!! 


This is what happens when you burn 45,000 calories playing volleyball, haha!


After tournaments were over, Emma and I went and got some groceries and headed home.  Everyones highlight of the weekend was our first bonfire of the year!  It was GORGEOUS out!  So nice to enjoy the fire and have some cocktails.  brad was killing it with the music too, a mix of country and Johnny Cash.




Emma was busy this weekend making an Easter pic for my frame.  Isn't this amazing???  It is all freehand.  She found the picture on Pinterest and made it.  I am amazed at her talent!!


In the food department, I've made lots of yummy stuff.  Thursday we had these pizza knots, super good!


And for our lunches I've been chopping up sweet potatoes and combining them with browned Italian Turkey Sausage, Rotel tomatoes, onions and shredded parm.  So good and so filling!


I also made White Chicken Chili Taquitos from Eat Cake For Dinner and they were a huge hit with the girls!  (Brad was traveling this week)  I will absolutely be making these again!


And lastly, I had to get a picture of the cookies that my company sends out to our customers when their order is finished.  Aren't these amazing??!!!


I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

Those taquitos sound fabulous! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Tara @ Mommy In A Nutshell said...

What are pizza knots?! They sounds fantastic! Side note: I love your fire pit!