Dec 20, 2016

Christmas Traditions

I am linking up with Shay and Andrea for their last Show and Tell Tuesday!

This month's link up is Christmas Traditions and Recipes.

If you know anything about me, you know that I love Christmas.  LOVE.  It's my favorite time of the year!  I grew up loving Christmas and the older I got and then having kids has just increased that love by a billion percent, haha!!

This is me when school starts, because I know that very soon Christmas decorating starts!!

Image result for buddy the elf



This year we put up all our Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving (and I even hosted this year!).  With me working full time, I want to make sure I enjoy every drop of the Holiday Season!
You can see my holiday home tour here.

Now back to traditions.  We are big on traditions, just ask Emma.  If we don't do something exactly the same every year, she has a melt down!

The Friday after Thanksgiving is typically when we put up all the decor, I made a crockpot of apple cider and we get busy.  We listen to Christmas music for a bit, but when we decorate the tree, we have the movie elf on.  (You can see my fave Chrismtas movies here)


The weeks following Thanksgiving, we try and watch every Christmas movie and Hallmark movie at least twice, haha!  I love December, because it is probably the quietest month of the year for us, no sports at all!

We get in lots of family game nights...



We love to bake treats.  We always make the typical cut outs...



And several batches of my Grandma Omi's molasses cookies.  They are SO delicious, the girls love them too.

Our elf Billy is always a fun tradition....



We also enjoy doing an advent family devotional...


We pick a night to drive around and look at Christmas lights.  Last year we played the movie, "Christmas Vacation" while we drove around and it was so fun, the girls can't wait to do this on Thursday.  I make a big thermos of hot cocoa, and off we go!

This year we are going to head down to the cities on Friday to go through Macy's one last time as it is closing.  They always decorate a big Christmas area (like a whole level) and I am excited to see it this year!  We are also going to go to Holidazzle, which is just a big outdoor market.  We've never done that either and can't wait!

Christmas Eve is always spent with Brad's family.  We head over to his sisters mid afternoon, and everyone brings an appetizer to share.  Always so much good food!  We hang out there until around 7 and then come home.


We are typically so stuffed, but I like to have some cheese and crackers and other little apps sitting out.  We turn on the yule log and open gifts with the girls.  The end of the evening is spent watching "Christmas Vacation" (can you tell we like that movie??!!) and then the girls usually all sleep in the same room.  Love that.  Hopefully that continues!

Christmas morning we have caramel rolls and liver sausage (nasty) and enjoy all of our gifts.  The last couple years we started going to Christmas mass on Christmas morning instead of Christmas Eve.  It got to be way too much running around and hectic on Christmas Eve.  We LOVE Christmas mass!

For dinner we take turns with our families, this year we will spend it with Brad's on Christmas Day, and then the first weekend in January with my mom and step dad and siblings.  Can't wait!!

I hope each of you has an amazing and blessed Christmas this year!











No comments: