Jan 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

With the holidays it seems I got stuck in a rut with my cooking. I was used to trying two or three new recipes a week, but once November hit, I kept to my "comfort" meals. I think with being so busy, I just didn't want to take the time to look for new recipes. So, with a huuuuge SIGH, I am back to regular programing! It actually started New Years Day. We took the girls bowling, came home and I did my favorite activity, COOKING! I spent all afternoon putzing (is that a word?) in the kitchen, and felt completely rejuvenated. I made our favorite meal, Chicken Marsala, baked asparagus, twice stuffed baked potatoes, and homemade bread. It truly was a heavenly meal!

So, with the first week of January started, here is our meal plan for the week!

Monday- Lunch- "Red" hotdish (this is hubby's favorite meal to make, just egg noodles, hamburger and a brown sugar/ketchup sauce), veggies, bread
Supper- Beef Stew, homemade bread (I'll be posting the recipe tonight)

Tuesday- Lunch- Mini Meatloaves, raw veggies, bread
Supper- Venison smoked sausage, mashed potatoes, corn, bread

Wednesday- Lunch- Crockpot Pizza, green beans, garlic bread
Supper- Pizza Burgers, steamed veggies, beans (I am going to try making my own baked beans)

Thursday- Lunch- Chicken Alfredo, raw veggies, bread
Supper- Spaghetti (sauce made in the crockpot, will post the recipe), garlic toast

Friday- Lunch- Leftovers- I leave for a girls scrapbooking weekend, yay!!

Breakfasts are always the same, Mondays is cereal, Tuesdays is pancakes, Wednesdays is either oatmeal or baked oatmeal, Thursdays is some sort of homemade muffin and Fridays are usually eggs.

Can't wait to share the beef stew recipe, it is the BEST I have tried so far!

Linking up to Menu Plan Mondays

No comments: