Jan 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year! This is what we spent most of our time doing, well up until the middle of this week at least. The last 4 days have been 5 degrees and under, yuck! But we did manage to get some sledding and snowman making in:) Christmas and New Years was wonderful, lots of time with family and friends, and lots of time just hanging out with our family.

I always make New Years Resolutions, and honestly, I usually keep them (although I never make any that are sooo far out there, lol!) So, this year's resolutions are: To find a church that both Brad and I are comfortable with, get back into working out again (Mexico trip in March is coming up waaaay too fast!), and finding like-minded women to connect with.

So, with it being January 3, I *think* I might have accomplished one already! We decided to visit a church this morning that our friends attend. It's an Assemblies of God church, and I knew it would be far out of Brad's comfort zone:) Brad is born and raised Catholic, I was raised mainly Methodist, but for the past 9 years, have attended a Lutheran church. So basically we switch off between *his* church and *my* church. The problem was that he never cared for my church, and the girls really hate going to Sunday School there. I like it, but haven't ever felt much of a connection, even after teaching SS for two years.

This church we tried this morning was AMAZING! The music was incredible, and the message was great. I know Brad was uncomfortable with people raising their hands while singing, and going up to the alter to be prayed upon. But he actually thought it was ok! The couple in front of us were incredibly friendly, she ended up taking Rachel and Emma to the Children's Church part of the service and stayed with them so they would be comfortable. How neat is that? We also met some more neat people after church, and I think it really helped Brad feel comfortable. The girls LOVED Children's Church, and Rachel already can't wait to go back, yay! They also have a Wed. night program for the girls that I am going to take them too, their kids programs sound amazing. I am just so excited to find a place that we can attend together as a family and grow as a family.

Ok, enough already, can you tell that I am thrilled? I have been praying for this for a looooong time! Have a wonderful week, and I look forward to getting back into trying new recipes again!

No comments: