Jun 10, 2009

Where oh where is summer?

I'm feeling frustrated with this crappy weather:( It's almost the middle of June and we have only had two days of HOT weather, ugh. Summer has been shortened already, how sad.

The first week of summer vacation is going pretty well. I have roughly 10 kids now here during the day, (give or take a few:) so I was a little nervous about how that was going to go. Hopefully the weather will cooperate from now on, so they can be outside:) This week Emma and Alayna started a community ed class called Giggle Gang. They are having SOOOOO much fun! It's two days a week for an hour and a half. I'm lucky because one of my daycare moms picks them up and brings them home as her daughter is in it also. It's a good break for the both of them. Next week Rachel will start theater camp, and she's very excited about that.

As far as cooking goes, I haven't been doing a lot of it, as Brad has been gone all week in Iowa for meetings. Monday night I made fettuccine alfredo with steamed veggies, which is one of the kids' favorite meals. Last night I cheated and we went and got Subway:) I'm on a bit of a health/exercise kick lately. I've gained 5 pounds for no apparent reason which is annoying. So, I've been working out about 4-5 days a week and really watching what I eat. In all honesty, I'm a very healthy eater, so it's not difficult for me to change a couple things, but I've been keeping a food log and tracking how many calories are in certain foods. For example, did you know there are 200 calories in a banana??!! Seriously, it's fruit, for pete's sake! However, in broccoli, there might be 20 calories in a serving. Very interesting. Anyway, when I get my eye on something, I tend to be a little obsessive about it, but it's kind of fun too:) And thankfully, I truly enjoy working out, so that's not something I have to fight to do. I've been walking/running on the treadmill for about 30 minutes every other day, and now that's it's been a bit nicer out, I put Alayna in the stroller while the girls ride their bikes and we walk/bike for about 40-50 minutes in the evening.

This weekend we have our niece's graduation party which will be fun to see everyone. I am making the table decorations and a card box, fun fun!

No comments: