Jun 16, 2009

Baked Pork Chops

I found a couple of recipes on Allrecipes.com for baked pork chops and sort of combined them both. Turned out very well, and everyone loved them!

Baked Pork Chops
Boneless pork chops (I used 5)
2 cans Golden Mushroom Soup (I only had one can of the golden kind and then used one can of the regular kind. Now, I very rarely use canned cream soups, I always make my own, so I think next time I will do that. The canned kind is too salty for me)
Chopped onion- about half a large onion
Minced garlic, one clove
Mushrooms- I used about a cup of chopped fresh mushrooms
Olive oil

I browned the chops for just a few seconds, and transferred them to a 9x13 pan.
Brown the onions, garlic and mushrooms in a Tbl or 2 of olive oil.
Mix the 2 soups together and add to the onion mixture. Pour over chops and bake for about one hour at 375. (cover it with foil too)

I made mashed potatoes to pour the gravy over, delish!!

I'm not sure what we are having tonight yet. It's a gloomy rainy (YAY!!) day, so I think I might be making some bread this afternoon. Rachel had her first day of theater rehearsal and loved it! They are putting on the show Pinocchio and she is a mean cat, lol!!

No comments: