Jun 30, 2009

Oh how I love technology AND great suppers!!!

So, a few weeks ago I mentioned that we got a laptop, which was great, until it quit working. Grrrr. So, yesterday Brad took it back in and they fixed it, something about the webcam (that I didn't even know we had) that can screw up these models, or something. When we first got the laptop, Brad wasn't able to get the wireless working, which was fine, and then he was gone off and on for a few weeks. Well now he figured it out and it is fabulous!! This morning I wanted a new recipe for pancakes so I flipped up my little laptop and clicked away while in the kitchen!! This is so awesome!! I feel so technologized:)

For breakfast I found a recipe for light and fluffy pancakes. They were really good and very fluffy. I might add a bit of brown sugar next time, but they are super healthy, and the kids all gobbled them up.

Now, onto the great supper. My favorite website EVER is allrecipes.com. This is truly a cooks dream website. So last night I was scanning through (while in the living room with my wonderful hubby watching Twins, booooooring) and found a recipe for Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs. They were FABULOUS!!!!! I made up the marinade this morning and let them sit in it all day. I also added chunks of green peppers and red onions to the kabobs. This recipe is definitely a keeper:) I also made scalloped potatoes with my normal white sauce (equal amounts of butter and flour then add milk to right consistency) but then added two cloves of garlic to the butter and let them saute for a minute before adding the flour. After the sauce was made, I added about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the sauce and then mixed in the potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45-50 minutes and then sprinkle more cheese on top. The girls devour this dish whenever I make it.

So, there ya have it, I love, love, love being able to take my computer anywhere, although hubby seems to think we'll never talk again, haha!! Oh, also, if you're like me and love reading foodie blogs you must check out pioneerwoman.com, she is a riot to read and has some wonderful recipes too!!

No comments: