Jun 11, 2009

Marinated grilled chicken

Last night was one of those "can't find a recipe for what I want" nights. I wanted marinated chicken on the grill, so this is what I came up with:

Marinated Chicken
Coke- yep, that's right, good ole Coca Cola Classic, about 1.5 cups maybe?
Honey- roughly 1/4 cup
Barbecue Sauce- We had some Buffalo Wild Wings honey barbecue sauce on hand, so I put in some of that.

Combine all ingredients in a gallon Ziploc bag and marinate all afternoon. The chicken was wonderful, and very tender and juicy!

Steamed Green Beans
I had some fresh grean beans that were about to expire so I steamed those until crisp tender, then combined a little lime juice ( I would try lemon if you have it, lime was a bit bitter), some fresh chopped dill and olive oil. I think I used about 2 Tbl for each the juice and oil. Shake it up well and pour over beans and toss to coat. I liked it, the fam not so much.