Jul 12, 2017

19 Years

19 years ago Brad and I said I do.  19 YEARS AGO.  I can't even believe it's been that long!  I remember on our 5 year anniversary thinking that 5 years is such a long time....HA!

We had a wonderful day!  We got home from work and the girls were busily getting supper together.  They made fettuccine alfredo and homemade biscuits.  Do you know how amazing it is to come home from work and be told to go sit in the living room?  I could get used to this...


For dessert they made a raspberry cheesecake parfait.  Heavenly.


We had actually gone out for supper the night before since Alayna had softball (which we skipped) to this amazing new restaurant in town.  Always so fun to be able to go out, just the two of us.


If you know us, you know that no picture is complete unless we make a face...


After supper they told us to go up in our bathroom.  They made each of a "Reasons Why We Love You" post it notes in the shape of a heart on our mirrors.  Cue the tears!!  I don't know when I can take these down.  Brad placed them all around his mirror, so I'll probably do that too, I can't even think about taking them down yet!


I tell you what, I hit the jackpot in so many ways.  Brad is such an incredible husband and father.  There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me I'm beautiful, and at least once a week he will send me an email telling me that he's the luckiest guy on earth.  

We have certainly had our ups and downs in our marriage, and we in no way, shape or form have it all figured out.  But we make the time for each other, in the summer we spend every morning on the porch before work, and most evenings you'll find us on the patio.  There is no one on this planet I would rather spend my time with, he makes me laugh ALL the time and I'm so proud of the man he is.  

Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for this man, our dating days were pretty rocky, and I'm SO thankful He kept us together.  Not only am I the lucky one, but our girls are so lucky to have him as their dad.  We truly hit the jackpot!






















2 comments:

A Gal Named Al said...

This is so cute and sweet! Happy anniversary- looks like it was a great one!

Terra Heck said...

That parfait looks yummy.
Happy anniversary! Here's wishing you many more wonderful years together.