Sep 6, 2013

Tuscan Chicken Pasta

I know I've posted before about Mel's Kitchen Cafe, but honestly, if you haven't checked out her blog, you need to.  Right now.  Her dishes are amazing, flavorful, easy and even my kids love most of the recipes I've made.  One of my favorite dishes is her Tuscan Chicken Pasta.  


The flavor is amazing, and it truly reminds me of an Olive Garden dish!  The first time I made it, I followed her recipe, the second time around I left out the sundried tomatoes, and added sauteed red pepper.

Tuscan Chicken Pasta

4 Tbl. butter
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. dried basil
8 ounces cream cheese- cut into chunks
1/2 red bell pepper- chopped
Cooked chicken cut into small chunks or shredded.  I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store
8 ounce jar sun dried tomatoes
2 cups of milk
2 cups Parmesan cheese- grated
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
Diced fresh tomatoes and basil for garnish on top

Melt butter over medium heat, add red peppers and cook for a few minutes; add garlic and basil, cook for 15 seconds or so, you don't want the garlic to brown as it will taste bitter.  Add cream cheese and whisk until cheese is creamy, it takes a few minutes.  Stir in sundried tomatoes and chicken; add milk, 1/4 cup at a time.  Stir in Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.  Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes until everything is melted and thickened.

Enjoy!

No comments: