Sep 14, 2013

Rainy, Rainy Saturday...

I am going to thoroughly enjoying every second of this day for two reasons.  Number one, because it is FINALLY raining here in Minnesota!  I feel a pang of guilt, as I know our friends in Colorado are wishing the rain would stop.  Unfortunately here we are in a severe draught.  The last time we got any measurable rain was about 6 weeks ago and that was about a quarter of an inch.  All of the crops around here are brown and crispy, so sad....Number two reason is that I have enjoyed Miss Alayna all day to myself!  Brad and Rachel are at a Gopher football game and Emma is at a friends house.  

We started off the morning going to our favorite store, Crafts Direct!  After getting a strawberry/banana smoothie, we bought some fall decor and I let Alayna pick out a couple crafts to make.  She choose a couple blank canvas' that she is busily painting as I type.  For lunch we decided to make our own mini pizzas.  She got to make hers, homemade pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and cheese.  I used pizza sauce, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella.


I had ready made pizza crust on hand so we used those.  They were scrumptious, and oh so easy!  Next on the agenda is a nap...I mean movie...

Happy Saturday!

No comments: