Jul 14, 2013

Happy (Belated) 4th of July!

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!  We stayed in town for the 4th as our church has it's annual parish festival that starts on the 3rd.  They have tons of food, music and beer.  Yes I said beer and church in the same sentence.  Crazy Catholics....  
July 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays, I have a huge bin with all my decorations that I pull out every year.  It's also a special holiday because thats the day Brad proposed to me 16 years ago...:)  He proposed at the parade....my Dad made a vinyl sign that Brad had attached to the side of the fire truck and pulled me out in the middle of everyone and got down on one knee!  On July 11th we celebrated 15 years of wedded bliss...


This year since I'm working outside the home, I had Rachel put the decorations out.  I must say, she did a mighty fine job!


I have always loved the Americana look and actually keep some of these things out year round.


I also made the girls a frozen fruit Independence Day smoothie!


We headed to the lake on Friday and spent the weekend at the camper.  Lots of fun, sun and great family and friends.   Couldn't have asked for a better 4th!

No comments: