Jul 16, 2013

Busy Place Around These Here Parts

One of my favorite blogs right now is the Elliot Homestead.  She has a way of writing that puts you right there, and her dry sense of humor cracks me up.  Especially this post, the chicken feet photo had me laughing out loud.  I love how she explains so eloquently why they do what they do, as far as how they eat, the food they grow, etc.  

Eating healthy, whole foods is not easy.  It takes time, planning and patience to truly eat well.  I am fortunate enough to only work 3 days a week right now.  On my Tuesdays off I pretty much spend all.day.long in the kitchen.  And I love it.  I am exhausted by the end of the day, but I love seeing the fruits of my labor...


Today I was able to make a full crockpot of yogurt, granola to go with the yogurt, 5 loaves of banana bread, smoothie popsicles and a batch of granola bars.  Plus I made Chicken Parmesan for supper, cleaned house, did 8 loads of laundry and got lunches ready for tomorrow.  But who's keeping track?

I love knowing that even when I am not home during the day, my girls have healthy food readily available for them.  Do we still eat some crap??  Yup, in fact last night I may or may not have pigged out on Cool Ranch Doritos....Just keepin it real people...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we're very similar in our food prep. I spent a few hours today using up ground beef in 4 different dishes, cut up a coleslaw, steamed beets, and cleaned up in the kitchen. You're right it takes effort, but it's effort well spent in my opinion.