Nov 16, 2010

Easy Peasy Chicken in the Crockpot

Doesn't this look like the MOST delicious chicken dish EVER?? I mean, see how creamy and comforting this looks? Let me tell you....Oh wait, you can't see it? Huh. I suppose that *might* be because I didn't take a picture? I know I know, why even post a recipe if you don't have a picture, right? Well sorry peeps, but this dish is seriously THAT good, you don't even need a picture...

It originated from an allrecipes.com recipe called "Jennie's Heavenly Slow Cooker Chicken"
This looked divine, except I don't have cream of mushroom soups on hand, and I didn't have a container of cream cheese with chives either. So, technically it's not Jennie's Heavenly chicken, I suppose. Maybe I could call it, "Cara's Kinda Sorta But Not Really Chicken in the Crockpot". Whew, that's long. How about "Amazing Slow Cooker Chicken", better?

Amazing Slow Cooker Chicken

1 whole chicken cut up (as in, the thighs, breasts, wings all separated)
4 Tbl butter
1/4 c. flour
milk
cut up mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 packet dry Italian seasoning
1 package cream cheese
chives
1/2 c dry white wine
spaghetti noodles

First make your white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add mushrooms and the garlic, saute until mushrooms are soft, add flour and cook one minute, then add enough milk to get the right consistency (A little thinner than pudding consistency). Add the package of cream cheese, wine, chopped up chives and seasoning packet. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker, and pour sauce over the top. Cook on low all day. I made spaghetti noodles and placed the chicken mixture over the top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yum! I am definitely trying this. Thanks!