Mar 28, 2010

The Most Heavenly Fudge Sauce You Will Ever Eat!

This is my sweet little Emma with her Curious George animal from school (each child gets to take George home for the weekend and then they write about it:) eating what one might coin,
"THE chocolate sauce to add ten pounds on you instantly". Ok, but in a good way, K? Really, it's that good. 'Nuff said.

Heavenly Fudge Sauce (recipe from my Dad)

1 oz. unsweetened chocolate


1/4 c. butter (well, or margarine, but I say butter)
1 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan. Whisk in sugar and salt alternately with milk; bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into a bowl and let cool. This really soooooo yummy!!



Linking up to:

Tasty Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Crockpot Wednesday


4 comments:

Alicia said...

What a cute picture and what a great idea, having the little guy travel to each students home for the weekend. That will really get their creative juices going when they get to write about it. You should post what she writes. I would love to read it.

Connie said...

What a cute idea with Curious George! And, Emma's a real cutie, too! I know George had a fun weekend with you guys!
The Fudge sauce sounds wonderful! I will definitely give it a try!
Thanks for sharing!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Sounds awesome! How long does it keep in the fridge?

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

I kept it uncovered in a measuring (glass) cup for about 2 days and that was long enough. I bet it would keep longer in a covered container though??