Mar 25, 2010

I'm in Love With Pioneer Woman!

Truly. I feel like I know her, like maybe she's going to call me up and invite me over for coffee. Ya know, Cara and Ree sippin a little latte while creating new recipes. Oh, to dream...
But in all honesty, her recipes are sooooooo good, the kind of good that when you take a bite, your eyes roll into the back of your head in shear pleasure.

I found her recipe for Chicken Scallopine and new I had to try it. Now, our family loved this recipe, but I also want to throw out that it has a strong lemony/heavy taste to it. Very different. But ohhhh did we gobble it up!



Chicken Scallopine

Linguine
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
flour
2 Tbl olive oil
4 Tbl butter
12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced thin
1 C dry white wine
chicken broth (optional)
1 whole lemon
1/2 C. half and half
1 tsp capers (I didn't use these)
chopped fresh parsley
grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff, people, not the Kraft kind!)

Prepare linguine as directed.

PW calls for flattening the chicken breasts, but I just took 3 breasts and sliced them in half lengthwise. Salt and pepper both sides and dredge in flour. Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken breasts until golden brown, remove from pan and keep warm.

Toss mushrooms into pan, and and add wine and chicken broth, squeeze the juice of one lemon into the pan and deglaze the pan, cook vigorously for one minute.

Pour in cream and stir, add capers (optional) and parsley. Turn off heat and add salt pepper to taste.

Place a heaping pile of noodles on your plate, chicken next to it and add sauce to both. I finished it up with some fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Absolutely divine!

3 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Oh, I'm right there w/you, girlfriend!! I've read her blog for AT LEAST 3 years.

And I agree, I would LOVE to visit w/her...have a cup of coffee...eat some of her famous cooking...see the finishing touches on The Lodge...

Maybe we can go together! '-)

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Annie said...

Oh I'm digging PDubs too! I even ordered her cookbook - my husband was dying over the pictures in it imagining what I'd prepare for him!

Missy said...

I love that woman. I'll have to try this recipe.