Nov 16, 2009

Sick Monday:(

I have an easy day as my little muffin Alayna is sick with a fever:( Poor baby. She got up this morning and was on fire, 102 temp here we come. She's been mostly napping and watching cartoons. So we have had a lot of snuggle time which I love:)

The last week had been crazy busy, and a wee bit stressful, so Mama has not done a lot of cooking, hence no recipes last week. However, I did want to share with you some pics and recipes from our "Girls Gourmet Club" that was held here on Saturday night. There are four couples that we do a lot with, and we decided a few years back to start a "Gourmet Club". Each couple takes a turn hosting and creating a meal plan. The host couple gives out the recipe, and they are in charge of the main course. It has been such a blast trying new recipes and just being together. So, Saturday night was our turn, but with the guys hunting, we decided to have the girls only, and ohhhhh what fun we had! I went with a chocolate theme (as I am truly a choco-holic!). My menu was:

Chorizo-Chocolate Tapas
Pepper-Crusted Tenderloin Steaks with Shallots, Port and Chocolate (you have to scroll down)
Butternut Squash Ravioli
Steamed Vegetables
Tiramisu Dessert

Now, unfortunately the dinner was a bit of a disappointment. The Tapas were AMAZING!!! Truly, that was the best part of the meal. The steak was good, but the sauce got too thick, and just didn't turn out like I had hoped. The Butternut Ravioli didn't turn out either, so she ended up making a soup which was awesome! The dessert, not sure what happened there, as she ended up making more of a cheese ball thing, lol! The best part was just being with great friends and enjoying some delicious wine. Nothin better than a girls night!! I did want to share the tablescape that I did. Nothing fancy, but I made everyone their own chocolate body scrub, and put it into these beautiful cruets that I found at a garage sale this summer. I made nametags with my Cricut machine to add to the cruets. Beautiful!

On my antique dresser, I scrapbooked a page with the menu on it, and then had the wine and wine glasses on my tray. Nice little beverage area!

Entertaining is truly one of my FAVORITE things to do, to me there is nothing better than good friends and good conversation in my home!

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

hope your little one feels better soon!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sorry to hear that your little one is feeling bad...hope she will be better soon. Love how you set up your buffet...girls night is always a BLAST!!!

Blessings,
Linda