Feb 2, 2017

Italian Sausage Tortellini

On this weeks menu I had Sausage Tortellini Soup, but decided to change it up a bit since this is somewhat similar to the soup that Brad and I eat Mondays and Tuesdays for lunch.  Rachel was talking about a creamy sausage and tortellini dish that school makes that she loves, so I decided to try this!

It was super easy and delicious and EVERYONE loved it!

Italian Sausage Tortellini

1lb cheese filled tortellini
1lb browned Italian Sausage (I use turkey sausage)
3 cups chopped spinach
Shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 c butter
3 cloves garlic
1/4 c flour
milk or half and half
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a skillet and add garlic, stir until fragrant.  Sprinkle flour in and mix around, let cook for a minute or so then add the milk or half and half.  I add until it's the right consistency.  Add in the spinach, tortellini and sausage.  

I had made mine in the morning, and had the girls put it in the oven to warm up, but you can certainly cook it all in the pan right away!

Sprinkle parm cheese on top when done!


Super yummy!!

Linking up with A Gal Named Al

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We love tortellini so I bet we'd love this! Thanks for sharing!

A Gal Named Al said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up, Cara! My kids love any kind of pasta, so we will have to try!