Jan 3, 2017

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful New Years weekend!  It was the perfect mix of relaxing, organizing, cooking, and spending time with friends.

Friday night was a very chill night, I went grocery shopping so I could meal plan and prep.  Brad and I are starting the Fast Metabolism Diet again, so it was lots of fruits and veggies in that cart! We played games with the girls and I think we were in bed by 9:30, haha!

Saturday was just a nice day of getting caught up.  Brad worked on the basement all day and I cleaned, finished laundry and got some cooking done.  My goal for the weekend was to organize and meal plan/cook and I definitely accomplished that!

We headed over to Brad and Trisha's around 6 and enjoyed playing games and eating, and then eating some more.  I guess that's what happens when you know your diet starts January 1...Rachel made a taco dip to bring, and we thoroughly enjoyed all the foods!

Love all of the kiddos.  And I really love that they still want to hang out with us, I know those days  will soon end...




Sunday was a total chill day.  Brad and I literally did nothing and it was glorious!  We both needed a day to veg out.  I started a new book, "Present Over Perfect" by Shauna Niequist.  I really like it so far and think it is a great read for the beginning of 2017.


I read her book, "Bread and Wine" last year and it quickly became one of my favorites, I've read it twice!  It is a must read for 2017.


Emma and I spent Sunday night practicing our handwriting skills.  Ummm, I think she found her calling!!




Sunday afternoon Rachel's boyfriend Matt came over and I made a pasta bar for supper.  I had spaghetti and fettuccine noodles with spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce and grilled chicken and shrimp.  It was divine!  We spent the evening playing the game Tripoly and laughing at Alayna's antics...


I got my menu board ready to go, and put one of my favorite quotes on it.  There is a sign at work with this quote and I love it, so true!


Tonight I had Rachel make the oven roasted chicken and veggies and it was a hit!  I had the chicken marinating for a couple days so all she had to do was cut up the potatoes and add broccoli.  She sprinkled Montreal Chicken seasoning and it was SO good!  All three girls gave it a thumbs up.



Thursdays the girls make supper, so Emma will be in charge of the soup.  She found a recipe for homemade tomato soup that she might make instead of the tuscan soup.  I love that they are getting so handy in the kitchen, makes it so much easier for me!


1 comment:

Julie @ Just the Joy's said...

I love how you involve the entire family in the dinner making process! Both of those books sound like excellent reads! Taking note of them for my reading list!