Sep 3, 2015

Volleyball 2015

As I mentioned before, Rachel was SUPER stoked to make one of the JV teams this year for her first year of high school volleyball (insert sobbing here).  There were 45 freshmen  (who all make the freshmen team) and only 8 of those freshmen that either made a JV team or varsity (2 freshmen made varsity!) and Rach was one of them.  We are SO proud of that kid.  She has been obsessed with volleyball since 5th grade, but has really had to work hard to get where she is.  In 6th grade she was the only one out of her group of friends to not make the JO team, it was heartbreaking.  However, that girl has learned so damn much from that experience!


Tuesday was her first game at Princeton and I was excited to go watch her play.  However they had to change the times, and they left 2 hours earlier than expected, I was bummed that I missed her playing, but I got to see the other JV and varsity games which were awesome (JV1 lost but varsity won)!  Thankfully Brad was able to go and watch and I got updates and pics.  Rachel's team won all three games and Brad said she played awesome.


Rachel (and her bff Taylor) started, which was cool, as there are only 4 freshmen on her team and the rest are sophomores and juniors!




She has home games next week, so I won't miss any games.  Her coach told her that if proves herself more, she might get bumped up to the next jv team.  I told her to not get her hopes up, and after playing their first game, I don't think she will want to, she LOVES her team!

1 comment:

Katlin Smith said...

This is awesome! I played volleyball all through highschool and loved it! I bet your one proud Mama.