Mar 9, 2015

Visit with Grandpa

This past weekend was a busy one!  My Grandpa who has been in a nursing home for about 6 months took a turn for the worse on Thursday, so Brad and I decided to head down Saturday morning to see him and head back the same day.  It's a bit of a drive, about 3 hours, but well worth it!
As you can see, he was doing MUCH better!  On Thursday he was unresponsive, and they really thought he wouldn't make it through the night.
I love this pic because he said something smart alicky and took us off guard (if only I could remember what it was...) 


Love this man.  Grandpa isn't much of a lovey dovey kind of fella, but he always made time for us taking us fishing or just putzing around outside.  I have so many great memories of staying with him and Grandma, and the love he had for Grandma was SO obvious.  I believe his top three list would be God, family and fishing, haha!!

1 comment:

Katlin Smith said...

You look so happy with him! Prayers to you and your family!