Nov 3, 2014

Halloween 2014

Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!  Our weekend was pretty packed, but lots of fun!
Friday night we went over to my brother and sister in laws for supper and then took the girls trick or treating in their neighborhood.  It was COLD!
Here is out little grandma.  The wig and scarf were my Grandma Omi's and the cane is Brad's grandfathers.


Emma dressed up as Katniss from the Hunger Games.  I didn't get a pic of Rachel because she went trick or treating with her group of friends.  They actually go trick or treating for food instead of candy.  All the food gets donated to our local food shelf, it's part of We Scare Hunger.


Saturday night we went on a Halloween bus with a whole bunch of peeps.  It was a blast!  A big bunch of us dressed up as the characters from Austin Powers.


I think we had all characters covered!


It was such a fun time, and I was very thankful for gaining an extra hour of sleep, haha!

 

I got a ton of stuff done on Saturday before our festivities began.  I got a 5 mile run in Saturday morning,   and then made Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.
They were SO delicious!  I will absolutely be making these again.  (this is her photo, btw:)
 

pumpkinrolls 

I also made a homemade pizza so we had something to stuff our bellies with when we got home from the bus.  And then of course the usual cleaning/laundry.  I was glad to get all of that stuff done Saturday so I could relax (and nap!) Sunday.  And relax and nap is exactly what we did.  I didn't overdue it Saturday night, so it was nice to feel good!  The girls and I watched a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel and just vegged all day.  I made a beef roast so we could have sandwiches for supper along with cheesy potatoes, yum!
Alayna made a fall tree craft and then we all made a "thankful" pumpkin.  I cut strips of orange paper and had the girls write down 4-5 things they are grateful for.  I made a hole in each end and then used a brad to attach and shaped it into a pumpkin.  Loved seeing everyone's responses!

Have a great week everyone...It's a big day in the Zimmer house tomorrow!  Rachel gets her braces off!

No comments: