Feb 17, 2014

Presidents Day Volleyball Tournament

This past weekend we spent a total of 17 hours watching volleyball.  17 hours of nerve-wracking, high intensity volleyball.  We (the parents) commented on how maybe we should have had a beer IV placed to keep us calm.


Saturday the girls played ok, came in 3rd out of 4 teams.  They just weren't "on" like they usually are.  We got back to our hotel and decided to make a break for the Mall of America.  And those of you who know me, know how much I love to shop...said no Cara EVER.  Oh well, this was for the kids.  We left Alayna back home to stay with Grandma for the weekend, she would never had survived sitting that long.  Emma got to bring her BFF Abby with and they did so well, very patient ladies!

Our first stop was the Barbie Dreamhouse Experience.  I was bummed as it wasn't exactly what I was thinking it would be for the amount of money we had to shell out.  However the girls loved it!


Emma is not a diva.  At all.


After spending 2.5 hours and only making it to 2 stores, we headed back.  After the traffic and enormous amount of people, I needed a beer.  Stat.

We hung out by the pool and relaxed, exactly what we needed.

Sunday volleyball started at 8 am.  The girls were in the Silver division with 31 other teams.  These ladies played like I've never seen before, it was truly incredible to watch!  And my baby girl who has always struggled with overhand serving, served out of this world!  Seriously, I don't know what happened, but she served like she's always gotten it.  The best was when she was up to serve, and we were ahead 24-23, and needed one point to win and make it into the championship game.  You could tell she was nervous, and I prayed hard!  She got up, and served an ace to win...I cried.  It was an amazing moment for her and one that I hope she never forgets.  The thing I loved so much about this was that she knows the things she has to work on, but doesn't let it get her down.  She works her tail off to make it better.  Love that kid.



And yes, these awesome ladies came back and won first place in their division!  12-0.  WOW!


So proud to see how much they have improved since their first tournament in January!

1 comment:

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

hey girl, I got your blog comment but I can't reply to it because you're a "no reply" blogger. I can tell you how to change that if you want me too! I can't believe you don't get more comments. Your blog is awesome, I had a blast reading it. And I hate to say this, but now I really want to do that Barbie Dream house experience... at 24 years old, I still think that looks fun, hahaha!