May 19, 2011

Entryway

So I have been on a MAJOR redecorating kick lately. (well, more like the past few months) So far I have redone Rachel's room, master bedroom and master bath. So my next venture is our entryway. I don't have a lot of space to work with, but I wanted something different. There used to be a fake pine tree (or as Brad calls it, the year round Christmas tree:) here in the corner. The daycare kids and I would decorate it for every holiday which was fun, but after 5 years, I was ready for something different. I have been on the lookout for a small-ish bench to put here, but was having no luck. At our local antique store, I came across this old stadium chair.
It is in perfect used condition! I took off the two wooden planks on the bottom, and need to spray paint them. Without the planks, the chair is tippy for little kids. So once I had that in place, I now needed to find something for the wall.
This is an old screen window from a barn that Brad's parents tore down a couple years ago. I added hooks on both sides and attached wire to hang pictures from, and hot glued the brown flowers in the corner. Loved how it turned out! After getting that hung, I was looking for one more thing to hang below the frame. I found this Family Rules printable here and changed the color to a more sepia look, and framed it.
So this whole project cost me $20! The chair was the only thing I had to purchase. Everything else was stuff that I had in my craft bin.
Next up is my laundry room that I finally decorated, even though it is an unfinished room, haha!!

Linking too:

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Your entryway looks great!! Thank you so much for sharing. Love that screen idea too!

Kristina
Dancingcreekdesigns.blogspot.com