Oct 3, 2008

Good Morning, It's FRIDAY!!!!!

Woohoo! I think us daycare providers have to be the most excited people on earth when Friday rolls around! Don't get me wrong, I really do love my job, but weekends are heaven, even if Brad is gone. Three kids is so easy instead of my usual 8-10! Although this week the weather has been so darn nice, I'm really lovin this fall weather.

We have a busy weekend planned. Tomorrow morning I have three of my girlfriends and their kids coming over for a tie-dye party. Yes, that's right, tie-dye. In my house. Hmm, should be interesting. I get the magazine Family Fun, and they had this adorable pumpkin t-shirt that you make with tie-dye that I thought would be fun to have people over and do. I'm going to make cinnamon ripple muffins (new recipe!) and have hot apple cider. After that we are going to a Kids Expo in St.Cloud at the Civic Center. They have a ton of stuff for kids to do, and we've gone a couple years now. Sunday I teach Sunday School, and then mama is leaving for the afternoon!! Don't know what I'm doing, but I don't care!!!

Of course as most of you I'm sure know, that this weekend is opening duck hunting. Yay. I'm excited for Brad, because he LIVES for this time of year, and work has been extremely stressful for him. But it makes me crazy to have my freezer full of ducks that we'll never eat. And I don't just mean cut of ducks either, I have two whole frozen ducks wrapped in newspaper. *rolls eyes* I think we're going on at least 2 years of having these things in the freezer. I told him there will be no more ducks allowed until he mounts these. (Do you mount ducks, or stuff??) But then that means they go up in my house somewhere then. Hmm, have to think about that one for a bit...

School is going great for the girls. Emma is getting better at reading, I bought them a Summer Bridge workbook at the beginning of summer and we worked on those for awhile. Emma still works on hers, and she amazes me at the stuff she knows already! And Rachel comes home talking about metamorphosis of butterflies (are you kidding me??) and some other big word I didn't even know how to spell. This year must be the year of science, and she loves that kind of stuff!! They are both in gymnastics and love that. I love it too, I really enjoyed being in gymnastics, and wish now that I would have stuck it out. Now I can live vicariously through them... Alayna is great, still potty trained, woohoo!!!! And she can now write an A for Alayna, she's pretty proud! We have circle time every morning, and then practice writing our names. I always say I feel like a homeschoolin mom, as I plan mini curriculum's for the daycare. It's fun though. Here is a link to CNN money that did a feature on our new Kennedy school. http://money.cnn.com/video/?/video/news/2008/09/23/news.greenschool.harlow.cnnmoneyIn the search video area, put "Lights Off at School". I did have a hard time finding, but didn't know where to look, so hopefully it won't be as hard for you.

Alright, time to get ready for the day. I'm so glad that many of you enjoy this blog, my Grandma (Hi Gram!) sent me a note yesterday saying how much she enjoys reading it, and that makes my day! I originally started it as a way for me to journal about the things I love, I really didn't think anyone would read it! Pretty cool.

Oh, and as promised, here is my fave dish........

Fricken Chicken

2 c. sour cream
(7 oz.) long spaghetti
(4 oz.) mushrooms
1/2 c. butter
4 double breast chicken
2 cans cream mushroom soup
(16 oz.) mozzarella cheese

Break spaghetti into pieces (I broke them once, I still like longer spaghetti), and cook as directed on package. Fry mushrooms in butter (I would actually cut back on the butter, I ended up dumping out some butter as it was waaay too much.) Cut chicken into pieces and fry with the mushrooms/butter until brown. (I also added minced garlic once the chicken was browned and cooked for a minute or so) Mix 1/2 c of the cheese, sour cream, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup and chicken together. Put in a greased 9x13 pan. Add the remaining cheese on top. bake at 300 for 40 minutes, or 350 for 1/2 hour.

This is a really gooood dish. I made some crusty bread to go with it, and was a divine meal. Now, if your counting calories, just close your eyes while adding the ingredients. If you don't what your adding, you won't know how many calories are in it!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: