Aug 7, 2008

No camera, bah humbug

Well my trusty ole camera has gone kaput. No, actually it's just the batteries have died. I've been fighting a low battery for a couple months, but now I really have to buy a new one. We were hoping to buy a new camera, as our Kodak isn't faring well these days. The pictures aren't good anymore. Brad found a Canon that he really wants, but Rachel has a molar coming in wrong, and now we have to spend $500 to fix the issue. So long camera.....

The week went by fast, I was down two of my daycare kids this week, so it was a bit quieter than normal. Last night I made another peach pie with the remaining peaches from my crate. I was so bummed the camera didn't work, because it really was a beautiful pie. Brad laughed when he saw it:) Oh, and the ham with the peach sauce was WONDERFUL! I will definately make that again.

Tonight we had chicken/veggie fajitas. The marinade was a combo of soy sauce/worcesteshire/minced garlic/cumin/lemon juice/oregano and oil. It was delicious! Even the girls liked it. I also made a huge batch of chicken noodle soup. Mine is very simple, chicken stock, carrots, celery, chicken, noodles and then I put a pound of spinach in, and cook that for awhile, then remove the spinach. It makes me feel like we're getting extra nutrients, who knows??!! I froze them in 1 cup freezer bags, it's always nice to have some homemade soup on hand when someone is sick.

This weekend is "cousin's camp" with my mom and her husband. They take 6 of the grandkids (Alayna is too little yet) for the weekend and have all kinds of fun things for them to do. The girls are sooo excited! So it will just be the three of us. Saturday Alayna and I are going to the annual Bluegrass and Old Time Music Festival. We went a couple years back when Alayna was a baby, and it was such a fun time! I think Brad is hoping to get his garage cleaned and organized. WOOHOO!!!

No comments: