Aug 29, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Yikes, summer is coming to an end, and school will soon be starting, NOOOOOOOOO!!! I really thought I was ready for this a couple weeks ago, but now I'm not so sure. My sweet little Emma will start half day Kindergarten, and I'm really stressing that she will be away from me. She is my little sensitive, gets her feelings hurt girl:( I know she will do amazing, but I feel like I'm not quite ready to let her go yet. Rachel is soooo ready! She is counting the days. I ended up taking the first day of school off because A. I NEED A BREAK. and B. I want to relish every minute of hearing them talk about the first day of school:) mom is going to come out in the morning for coffee, I think she knows I might need some moral support!!

I'm so excited for Emma, because she started reading this summer!! We have always worked on letters and sounds, but she really started this on her own! And Rachel is 5 pages away from finishing her first chapter book for the summer (Junie B Jones). She is a hard one to get to sit down and read, so I am very proud of her accomplishment! I will miss these two when school starts, but they are both ready. We got to see our new school, and it ROCKS!! It is beautiful, and spacious, and bright, so different from the old one.

In cooking news, there is nothing to report. Suppers have been a tad boring the last couple weeks, only because I have been SWAMPED with planning daycare activities, and and getting our Walk for World Breastfeeding Week going. I feel like my head has been spinning for a few weeks, not sure if I'm coming or going, LOL!!! Although, I did make fried chicken for the first time last week, and it was awesome!! Rachel found a great recipe, and it was delish!

I pray that everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!!!!!!!!!

No comments: